Friday, September 3, 2010

earthquake

Hi Tracy and Vicki,
A 7.4 earthquake has hit christchurch at 4.30 this morning.
No lives lost so far but serious damage to buildings,houses etc.
They have no power nor water...
Will keep you posted as this is a major.
Love mum.xxxxxx

Just had word that there has been louting..
Roads up,buildings collapsed completely.

3 comments:

  1. Yes we were shocked to hear about it. It is on the news here, yet we haven't managed to see any of it, except a few things online.

    Terrible to think such a thing has happened.
    Thinking of everyone.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gals
    I have caught up with friends in Christchurch and great feeling of relief that people are okay but sadness at what has happened to the lovely old buildings in my childhood city. Absolutely masses of work to be done now to make houses etc safe and to rebuild and restore.
    On a lighter note, I watched a "Getaway" programme last week because the Australian reporter went to Gettysburg for the re-enactment of the battle. It was amazing. I was very impressed with the attention to detail and thought about the two of you enjoying the history which you will be doing soon.
    Four days for me and I am off on holiday, can't come soon enough.
    Keep well and keep smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete